Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week, I’m answering a listener question about how to set yourself apart from other agents who are selling the same product. I’ll discuss the concept of Table Selection in poker, and how that relates to creating an edge in the life insurance marketplace. We’ll talk about what you can do specifically to “play the table” where you have an immediate edge, and really carve out a niche for yourself in the life insurance industry.
People in the episode:
- Jeff Root: [email protected]
Mentioned on this episode:
Recent Action in the Sell Term Life Community:
The major discussions in the Sell Term Life Community this week can teach you:
- This week, we had a very in-depth thread on setting up a local marketing email strategy and automating. It’s a step-by-step process and guide that will feel uncomfortable to some agents at first, but you can automate it and it works.
- There was also a thread on the pros and cons of having instant life insurance quotes on your website, along with when you should have instant quotes and when you shouldn’t. Everyone seems to want their visitors to get instant quotes, but there are several high level agents in the community getting great results without instant quotes, and we’ll tell you why.
- We also talk about Yelp and local search. Yahoo just incorporated Yelp results into their local search. Bing is already doing that, and Apple incorporates Yelp into some of their search results as well. This is something you should spend about 15 minutes on to set up and optimize. We share some resources to help you do that.
Learn how you can get access to these discussions, a powerful community of like-minded life insurance agents, and much much more by visiting the SellTermLife Community.
- Subscribe via iTunes – Leave us a Review! (Here’s How)
- Tune on Stitcher Radio
- Grab the RSS Feed here
- Or use the player at the top of this page
Want to help improve the show? Want to hear about a specific topic? Just want to leave some feedback? … Send me a voice message
This podcast was edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.