Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week, I’ve decided to step away from the interviews and start addressing some listener questions. A lot of agents want to know the easiest way to start generating leads, and they want to know what myself, or some other successful agents are doing. We’ll talk about how you should be proactive in learning marketing and really honing your skills by trial and error. I’ll share a story about an agent that was able to drastically reduce his cost per lead just by formulating a legitimate marketing strategy. The game is changing, and we as a community need to innovate and stay ahead of the curve.
People in the episode:
- Jeff Root: [email protected]
Mentioned on this episode:
- Google Display Ad Network
- Episode 12 with Jason Patterson
- BestLifeQuote article on Insurance Claims for the Malaysian airlines victims.
Recent Action in the Sell Term Life Community:
The major discussions in the Sell Term Life Community this week can teach you:
- This week there was a discussion on getting your clients to pay annually more often, so you can get a full commission up-front, with a very small likelihood of a lapse in the future. In addition, you’re saving your clients money in the process. We discussed the carriers that allow credit cards for the initial payment, which many prospects love because not only do they save on the total premium, they also get points from their credit card carrier.
- We also talk about guaranteed issue life insurance and how many times it unnecessary to sell it, because you can get much better rates for your client and much better comp just by using a graded death benefit plan. It’s crazy how many agents default to guaranteed issue when there are difficult health issues and they can’t get through traditional underwriting. Always check your graded death benefit options before resorting to guaranteed issue.
- There was also a topic on how life insurance claims would be handled for the Malaysian flight that disappeared a few weeks ago because there is not any evidence at the moment. Leron from BestLifeQuote ended up writing a great article about it, which I have linked to above.
Learn how you can get access to these discussions, a powerful community of like-minded life insurance agents, and much much more by visiting the SellTermLife Community.
- Subscribe via iTunes – Leave us a Review! (Here’s How)
- Tune on Stitcher Radio
- Grab the RSS Feed here
- Or use the player at the top of this page
Want to help improve the show? Want to hear about a specific topic? Just want to leave some feedback? … Send me a voice message
This podcast was edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.