Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Where should life insurance agents start with search engine optimization (SEO) is the question we’re tackling on this episode with my guest Jake Puhl. Jake is a SEO expert who specializes in optimizing local businesses to show up highly in all ways possible online. The trust and reputation your business has online are the main factors of your online ranking. Tune in to hear the great tips Jake lays out and the regimen he gives to ensure that we’re on the right path.
People in the episode:
- Jake Puhl
- Jeff Root – [email protected]
Mentioned on this episode:
Recent Action in the Sell Term Life Community:
The major discussions in the Sell Term Life Community this week can teach you:
- This week in the community, there was a thread determining how well your website is performing. A lot of agents think that the number of leads to your site is the ultimate metric but let me share some insight. I have a website that has over 200 leads per month, and another that has twice that. They’re both submitting around the same amount of premium, with the same amount of traffic as well. Yet, they are doing the same amount of business. The discussion continues on what we really need to be focusing on.
- We also discuss an effective listening tip to get your prospects to feel like they’re being heard and this tip also encourages them to talk more, because you’re demonstrating that you have sincere interest in what they’re saying. You’ll be surprised how many agents don’t use this. It’s a simple tweak that anyone can do in a presentation that can change the way a prospect interacts with you.
- There was also a thread where another agent was just getting started with his website and wanted some key words to target. The community was able to give him great advice on what to use .
Learn how you can get access to these discussions, a powerful community of like-minded life insurance agents, and much much more by visiting the SellTermLife Community.
- Subscribe via iTunes – Leave us a Review! (Here’s How)
- Tune on Stitcher Radio
- Grab the RSS Feed here
- Or use the player at the top of this page
Want to help improve the show? Want to hear about a specific topic? Just want to leave some feedback? … Send me a voice message
This podcast was edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.