On this week’s episode, I am joined by Chris Huntley from InsuranceBlogByChris.com. 10 years ago, Chris was a struggling independent agent trying to come up with solid leads. Then, while taking part of an insurance forum, he was offered the opportunity that changed his life. Since that day, Chris has brought in over 18,000 leads, with a consistent average of 500-600 visitors to his site per day.
Two years ago, Chris stumbled upon a way to target niche insurance groups to generate solid leads. His insurance site for diabetics is currently ranked 2nd in Google and is generating 400-500 visitors with a 20-25% conversion rate. This is significantly higher than the average 5% conversion rate! Listen in, as Chris shares some of what he has learned to create his own lean, mean, lead generation machine.
People in the episode:
Mentioned on this episode:
Recent Action in the Sell Term Life Community:
The major discussions in the Sell Term Life Community this week can teach you:
To go along with the theme of this week’s podcast, I mention three topics this week that have to do with website planning and optimizing.
- The first topic is on the importance of your websites architecture; in other words, how your website is laid out to maximize your rankings. If all the content and backlinks were the same for two different sites, a strategic and well planned website architecture will out-rank any other website that simply “wings it”. We go over how to do this with examples of a poorly laid out website which is actually what most life insurance agents are doing with a highly efficient and optimized site architecture and discuss the differences between the two.
- Also there has been a lot of talk about your website speed. Did you know that 40% of people abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load? Therefore, potentially you could lose almost half of your traffic if your website is slow. One of our community agents has posted a complete how-to guide to speed up your website, which not only helps with user experience, but Google actually lists it as one of the top ranking factors.
- Lastly, we gave some pointers on keyword research for life insurance. Picking your keywords to target in a search engine is a very important part of planning a website. Keyword research shouldn’t be just an algorithmic decision based on what your keyword research tools will tell you. We go much deeper than these tools and discuss what actually works for those marketing life insurance.
Learn how you can get access to these discussions, a powerful community of like-minded life insurance agents, and much much more by visiting the SellTermLife Community.
- Subscribe via iTunes – Leave us a Review! (Here’s How)
- Tune on Stitcher Radio
- Grab the RSS Feed here
- Or use the player at the top of this page
Want to help improve the show? Want to hear about a specific topic? Just want to leave some feedback? … Send me a voice message
This podcast was edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.